Complete Oriental Medical Care – Anxiety & Stress Relief in Edina
About Steven Sonmore
For more than 29 years, Steven Sonmore, L. Ac, Dipl. Ac., has been helping people transform their lives and maintain better health through Chinese medicine. Steven is a licensed acupuncturist, Chinese medicine herbalist and certified Life Coach. At his acupuncture clinic located in Edina, MN he offers complete health care through acupuncture, Chinese herbs and nutritional counseling. Steven’s patients come from all different ages and walks of life and he has extensive experience treating a spectrum of dis-ease ranging from physical pain and discomfort to emotional stress and anxiety. His extensive experience is evident by the high success rate he consistently has with patients and is licensed by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. Steven is also certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Licensed Acupuncturist – Holistic Pain Relief Minneapolis MN / Complete Oriental Medical Care | Licensed Acupuncturist – Holistic Pain Relief Minneapolis MN / Complete Oriental Medical Care
Steven was inspired to study acupuncture and Oriental medicine after being struck by a car and subsequently cured of back pain with acupuncture. Steven has been featured in Mpls St. Paul Magazine, Fox 9 the Buzz KMSP TV, UPN29 TV, The New York Times, Qi Journal, Essential Wellness News, the Edge newspaper and many more. His traditional training began at St. Cloud State University and St. John’s University. Searching for a method of affecting change in the human body on a deeper level, he studied at the School of Shiatsu Massage in California. He is a graduate of the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies.
His philosophy is that the Oriental medical practitioner must maintain a high level of energy to be successful in this work. He is constantly researching and perfecting his methods. At Complete Oriental Medical Care, Steven offers a truly unique treatment plan, combining acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Oriental massage, and nutritional counseling to deliver the best care.
Acupuncture Services in the Twin Cities
Acupuncture, a traditional Chinese medical practice, dates back several millennia and involves the insertion of small needles into strategic points on the body to stimulate a healing response. Although it has evolved over time, with centuries of clinical experience and modern scientific research contributing to its development, acupuncture still maintains its roots in ancient Chinese medicine. Today, acupuncture is a rapidly growing natural therapy that is utilized to effectively treat a diverse range of health concerns.
Advanced and Unique Acupuncture Methods
In a quest to find the most effective treatments for his patients Steven has studied almost every different style of acupuncture. He practices the Balance Method acupuncture to deliver quicker, more long lasting results. Steven’s expertise in Oriental medicine is well recognized in the community. He has taught classes at many educational institutions, including the Minnesota Center for Shiatsu Study (now CenterPoint Massage School), Minneapolis School of Massage, Learning Annex, Edina Community Education and Burnsville Community Education.
Services and Training
- Offers a truly unique treatment plan combining acupuncture, Chinese herbology, Oriental massage, and Nutritional Assessment to deliver more effective and nurturing health care
- Graduated from the Minnesota Institute of Acupuncture and Herbal Studies in 1994
- Licensed in Acupuncture by the Minnesota Board of Medical Health
- Certified in Acupuncture by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Member of the Council of Healthcare Advisors
- Studied Advanced Balance Method with Richard Teh-Fu Tan, OMD, L.Ac.
- Certified in Pulsynergy Diagnosis and Chinese herbs with Dr. Jimmy Wei-Yen Chang
- Certified Life Coach – American Union of NLP
- Nutritional Assessment Training with Gregory Peterson, DC, DABCI
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture – Treatment for Pain and Difficult Conditions with Dr. Wei-Chieh Young
- Studied Japanese Acupuncture from Stephen Birch
- Certified in Facial Rejuvenation With Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine with Virginia Doran, MS, L.Ac., LMT
- Studied Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System with Martha Lucas, Ph.D., L.Ac. and Denise Ellinger, L.Ac.
- Studied Korean Hand Acupuncture from Dr. Dan Lobash
- Studied Tenino-Muscular Meridians for pain relief with Dr. Tran Viet Dzug
- Trained in Chemical Dependency Acupuncture Treatment at Hennepin County Detoxification Center
- Certified in Acupressure by the Acupressure Institute
- Certified in Shiatsu by the School of Shiatsu & Massage
- Certified Chi Kung Instructor
- Studied Qi Gong with Shifu Jianye Jiang, Richard Teh-Fu Tan, OMD, L.Ac. and Ken Cohen
- Trained in Advanced Pranic Healing with Master Stephen Co
- Member of the Minnesota Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- Member of the American Cosmetic Acupuncture Association
Published Articles and Media Interviews:
- Youtube channel
- Fox 9 Buzz KMSP TV
- Mpls St. Paul Magazine
- Chinese Medicine and Self Care
- The New York Times
- Hold the Chemicals, Bring on the Needles
- Qi Journal
- UPN29 TV
- Ancient Chinese Medicine For Modern Times
- Essential Wellness
- Licensed Acupuncturists treat many conditions
- Oriental Medicine Treats Allergies Successfully
- OC Register
- Acupuncture Facelift Gains Fans
- Phoenix Newspaper
- Holistic Junction
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Newsletter
- Enjoy the Energy of Fall
- Enjoy the Energy of Fall
- Your Health in The New Year
- PulseMed Alternative Health
- Natural Health Web
- Edge Life Magazine